Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Who do you think you are ?

My role in media consumption is finding out the current events going on in the world today. My only platform of social media is twitter and watching the news occasionally to stay updated with the happenings of today's world. I tend to stay off social media due to the tragedies that we face today.

Everything that happens in the world is covered in social media. You can find anything that has happened on the internet, from the new topics trending on twitter, from stories about famous actors to the recent shootings. Many famous celebrities are on twitter or Instagram or Snapchat staying updated, sharing their new song or promoting the next movie they will be in. If it wasn’t for social media like twitter or Tumblr’s #TerrenceCrutcher or #blacklivesmatter many people wouldn’t know about the tragic story of Terrence Crutcher.  

The media outlets we have presents peaceful protests, marches, and other hashtag current events. For example, when Ferguson took place social media outlets like Instagram and twitter went to Michigan to support the Ferguson cause. The success of many protests and marches was because of the high demand in social media. 

As a black male in society, these issues personally affect me in my everyday life. This is another reason I stay off of social media, because I don’t want to see the turmoil within my culture. I do believe those people who are tweeting and staying up to date with all the current news situations are helping establish a better tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment