Monday, September 19, 2016

Who do you think you are?

We have an exciting or fulfilling life in our generation where the prestige of media is stronger than the power of love. For instance, social media has become a fundamental part of our day to day lives. Media is a substantial part of our lives now which correlate with scenarios in the world and notify us many things like news, entertainment etc. It has grasped to a point where us teenagers go on social media just to fit in. You don't want to sit somewhere,where people are talking about something and you got no interpretation.
 My consumption of media is watching movies.Movies play a big role in my life because I believe the producers and directors essentially write their stories on what is happening in the world or has happened or what is going to happen. Also, I believe movies brings out the emotions of how somebody actually feels in life. Looking at what I go through each and every day,I relate it to movies. The movies I watch influences me on the decisions I make.


There are some ways media covers activists,acts of resistance and protest. Media has some sort of power in cultural guidelines. Social media has changed how political and social activism is done. Nowadays people protest on social media instead of meeting up in a group to go to places and protest. For example,black lives matter. When you go on Facebook, you see that people are talking about more than seeing them outside. Anything we do now,we run to the media to get information.Politicians, celebrities, students, protestors etc. uses the media.


  I was in class when my professor was talking about an explosion in Manhattan and New Jersey. I had no clue about it so that with the help of media, I googled it and read the article and saw the picture of the victim.http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/nyregion/nyc-nj-explosions-ahmad-khan-rahami.html . Media is very obsessive but at the same time, it educates, advertises and help us to see the controversy that goes on in our community and also creates awareness. Just as it can ruin businesses and can also help build businesses and reputation.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment